Avoiding Carbon Monoxide Exposure In Your Home

Carbon monoxide is a gas that is colorless, odorless, and extremely dangerous. It has been known to trigger all kinds of illnesses in people, and it can even be deadly when symptoms are not addressed in time. Doing what you can to avoid carbon monoxide exposure is vital when it comes to keeping you and your family members as safe as possible.

Carbon monoxide exposure kills!

Effects On Your Health

When a person is exposed to carbon monoxide, they will often experience flu-like symptoms. Unfortunately, many just assume they have caught a bug or cold, not knowing that carbon monoxide may have entered their home. Symptoms include nausea, headaches, dizziness, confusion and other flue like symptoms. The real sign is if the symptoms aren’t going away. Then it’s time to visit the doctor and rule out carbon monoxide exposure.

While some symptoms can be treated, others are more permanent. People have been known to get organ or brain damage, and infants, the elderly, and those with weakened immune symptoms are especially at risk. It’s not worth taking any chances to take the necessary steps to keep your home better protected as soon as possible.

Preventing Exposure

Wondering what you can do to minimize your risk of carbon monoxide exposure? Well, first things first, invest in annual inspections for your appliances and heating systems. Regular inspections done by a professionally trained crew can make all the difference when it comes to detecting carbon monoxide and spotting problems that may lead to exposure. If you have yet to get your fireplace and venting system inspected for the year, schedule the appointment today.

Who to Call?

Need a crew you can depend on for the long haul? Mason’s Chimney Service & Certified Air Duct Cleaning, Inc. is the company for you. We are certified, educated, and highly experienced, and we know what we’re doing in terms of detecting and preventing carbon monoxide exposure [h.

From dryer vents to chimneys, we can handle it all. Keep your home and family safer, happier, and more comfortable by working with our team right away. There is no crew better throughout Cherry Hill and its surrounding areas!

We also recommend investing in carbon monoxide detectors for your home. As stated above, carbon monoxide is impossible to detect, so these devices could save your life. They are an affordable investment that is well worth the money. Purchase some for your home, then rest easy knowing you’ll be alerted at the first sign of trouble. Just don’t forget to test them once a month to ensure they’re still working!

Ready to get your inspection, sweeping, or repair work on the books? Give our team a call. We’ll be happy to help you out soon!