Avoiding Carbon Monoxide Exposure In Your Home

Carbon monoxide is a gas that is colorless, odorless, and extremely dangerous. It has been known to trigger all kinds of illnesses in people, and it can even be deadly when symptoms are not addressed in time. Doing what you can to avoid carbon monoxide exposure is vital when it comes to keeping you and your family members as safe as possible.

Carbon monoxide exposure kills!

Effects On Your Health

When a person is exposed to carbon monoxide, they will often experience flu-like symptoms. Unfortunately, many just assume they have caught a bug or cold, not knowing that carbon monoxide may have entered their home. Symptoms include nausea, headaches, dizziness, confusion and other flue like symptoms. The real sign is if the symptoms aren’t going away. Then it’s time to visit the doctor and rule out carbon monoxide exposure.

While some symptoms can be treated, others are more permanent. People have been known to get organ or brain damage, and infants, the elderly, and those with weakened immune symptoms are especially at risk. It’s not worth taking any chances to take the necessary steps to keep your home better protected as soon as possible.

Preventing Exposure

Wondering what you can do to minimize your risk of carbon monoxide exposure? Well, first things first, invest in annual inspections for your appliances and heating systems. Regular inspections done by a professionally trained crew can make all the difference when it comes to detecting carbon monoxide and spotting problems that may lead to exposure. If you have yet to get your fireplace and venting system inspected for the year, schedule the appointment today.

Who to Call?

Need a crew you can depend on for the long haul? Mason’s Chimney Service & Certified Air Duct Cleaning, Inc. is the company for you. We are certified, educated, and highly experienced, and we know what we’re doing in terms of detecting and preventing carbon monoxide exposure [h.

From dryer vents to chimneys, we can handle it all. Keep your home and family safer, happier, and more comfortable by working with our team right away. There is no crew better throughout Cherry Hill and its surrounding areas!

We also recommend investing in carbon monoxide detectors for your home. As stated above, carbon monoxide is impossible to detect, so these devices could save your life. They are an affordable investment that is well worth the money. Purchase some for your home, then rest easy knowing you’ll be alerted at the first sign of trouble. Just don’t forget to test them once a month to ensure they’re still working!

Ready to get your inspection, sweeping, or repair work on the books? Give our team a call. We’ll be happy to help you out soon!

Avoiding Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

When it comes to fireplace safety, you can never be too careful. One of the most dangerous things you can come into contact with is carbon monoxide. Learn more about this harmful substance and how to avoid it by reading below. Then, turn to Mason’s Chimney Service & Certified Air Duct Cleaning for all of your chimney and fireplace needs! When you work with us, you work with the best.

What Is It?

Many have heard a lot about carbon monoxide and pretty much everyone knows that it’s dangerous. However, what else is there to know? First of all, it’s important to remember that carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless, so you won’t be able to detect with your basic senses. This is especially scary since carbon monoxide is highly toxic!

What this emphasizes is the importance of annual fireplace repairs and inspections. Regular maintenance and upkeep can make all the difference when it comes to keeping your home safe, so putting it off is not something you want to do. Minimize your risk and schedule an appointment with us today. You’ll rest easier knowing your home and family is staying more protected all winter long. Call now!

How It Harms Us

Now you know what carbon monoxide is, but how exactly does it harm us? Countless people are hospitalized every year due to too much exposure to carbon monoxide. Unfortunately, (if not appropriately and swiftly addressed) this gas can be fatal. This isn’t something you want to mess around with.

How can you tell if you’ve been affected? Fatigue, dizziness, nausea, headaches, and trouble breathing are all indications that gas may be leaking into your home and these symptoms should never be ignored. If you suspect you or a loved one may be in trouble, get medical help right away.

How Can I Avoid It?

So, what can we do to avoid exposure altogether? First of all, have carbon monoxide detectors installed throughout your home by a professional. This way, you’ll be informed as to whether or not your home is at risk, no matter what. Once installed, be sure to check the batteries on a regular basis, so you know everything’s working a-okay. When everything is working properly, you’ll be alerted right away if something is off within your home.

Secondly, get that annual inspection on the books! As we stated earlier, regular maintenance and inspections are a key component in enhancing fireplace safety throughout the year. Plus, if you live in Cherry Hill or any of it’s surrounding communities, there’s nowhere better to turn than us. We look forward to your call. Pick up the phone today!