Masonry Chimney Repairs & Restorations
The masonry in your chimney was designed to stand the test of time, with durable brick and mortar construction and fail-safes to protect against water. But even the best built chimney systems will need some repairs, and the experienced technicians at Mason’s Chimney Service can help you maintain the beauty and functionality of your masonry.
Masonry repairs are best left to experts – it’s exacting work, and there’s more to it than meets the eye. Pointing work, for example – repairs of your mortar joints – includes important, behind-the-scenes considerations. The materials used to make brick and mortar over the years has changed considerably, and if an experienced technician isn’t assessing your original construction and repairing accordingly, you could end up with aesthetic disasters – and worse, a chimney that’s no longer structurally sound.
Whether you need minor repairs or the full restoration of a historic chimney, Mason’s Chimney Service can help – we’ve been working on chimneys for more than 55 years and we know how to make yours look and function at its best.
Some Of The Repair Needs We Routinely See:
Crown Repair – The masonry at the top of your flue is called the crown, and it is working to divert rain and snow away from your chimney. Since the elements have a direct line of attack, it’s not uncommon to see cracks in chimney crowns. Cracks can let water into your flue, leading to further damage, so you’ll want to have them repaired as soon as possible.
Firebox Repair – There are a lot of reasons why your firebox – the part of your fireplace that holds the fire itself – may need repair. The settling of your home over the years can damage mortar joints; water getting into the flue can deteriorate the masonry; improper prior maintenance could’ve led to cracked bricks. A damaged firebox means unsafe fires. A Mason’s Chimney Service technician can properly restore your firebox with high-temperature refractory mortar and fire-safe bricks.
Why You Should Choose Mason’s
We serve customers in Gloucester, Camden, Salem and Burlington counties, and for more than 55 years, our family-owned and -operated business has held true to one overriding goal: We want to provide a level of service from the start that will earn our customers’ trust and loyalty.
When you call Mason’s Chimney Service, you can expect:
- An on-time arrival (we pride ourselves on a 97 percent on-time track record – and if we ever run late, you’ll get a call, so you’re not waiting unnecessarily)
- A certified technician leading a team that shows up in identifying clothes, in company-marked vehicles and with photo IDs
- Technicians who show the utmost care for your home
- For your problems to be fixed right, with a guarantee – in writing – of our workmanship
- Color photos backing up all our findings
- Technicians who never try to sell you unnecessary services
Mason’s Chimney Service is certified by:
- The New Jersey Chimney Sweep Guild
- The National Fireplace Institute
- The Chimney Safety Institute of America
- The New Jersey Fireplace Investigation Research and Education Service
We’re also members of:
- The International Association of Fireplace & Chimney Inspectors
- The Better Business Bureau
And we’re beyond proud that our customers felt that we deserved an Angie’s List 2012 Super Service Award.
We want you to feel like you’re in the best possible hands any time you hire us – and we’ll always go the extra mile to earn your loyalty. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!