If you own a fireplace one of the things you have to be educated on is carbon monoxide. Knowing what this substance is very important! Being educated on how it could potentially harm you and your loved ones is vital in keeping your family safe.Your Fireplace & Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Cherry Hill NJ - Mason's

About Carbon Monoxide

This poisonous gas is hard to detect which is one of the reasons why it can be so dangerous. So, because it is colorless, odorless, and impossible to spot with the naked eye, many do not even realize there is carbon monoxide in their home until they start experiencing symptoms!

Any time fuel is burned within the home, carbon monoxide is produced. This is why proper ventilation is so important. Consequently, if excess exposure occurs, people inside the home may experience horrible side effects. These include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, headaches, weakness, and more! Symptoms are often described as being similar to the flu. Further more, without proper treatment, carbon monoxide exposure could lead to hospitalization or even death.


One of the most effective ways to prevent carbon monoxide from building up is by scheduling an inspection with a certified sweep. Annual inspections ensure that everything is running smoothly and functioning as safe as possible. Yet, there are other things you can do, as well, to keep your home more protected. Check out these tips!

  • Install A Detector: Installing a carbon monoxide detector in your home will alert you of any toxins present in the vicinity. With these devices, you will be able to catch any fumes before they get worse or start impacting the health of family members. Install detectors throughout your home today, so you can rest easy knowing your loved ones are protected.
  • Use Your Oven Appropriately: Many like to turn their oven on purely for heating purposes. However, this increases the likelihood of carbon monoxide building up. Therefore it is not a safe thing to practice. The only time the oven should be on is when you are using it to cook or bake.
  • Burn Carefully: Certain fuels are more likely to give off carbon monoxide. Charcoal, for example, should never be burned indoors.
  • Schedule Annual Inspections: As stated above, inspections are the key factor in keeping your home free from poisonous toxins. Don’t wait until it is too late. Schedule at least one inspection per year to help guarantee your appliance runs safer and more efficiently.

Contact Us Today!

At Mason’s Chimney Service, our techs are more than qualified to do a full examination of your chimney. In addition, we take care of any venting issues that may be present. We inspect, clean, and sweep. Plus, we also offer various repair services, as well! Whatever you need to make your chimney safer, we can help you out!

Need more convincing? Our staff is certified by the CSIA and the Fireplace Investigation Research. There is no doubt that we take what we do seriously! Annual inspections ensure everything is running smoothly and greatly minimize your risk of house fires, smoke back-up, and exposure to harmful toxins.

Don’t hesitate any longer. Call us now to schedule your inspection!