Schedule A Cleaning For Santa This Season

You know the drill. Every Christmas Eve Santa swoops down your chimney bearing gifts for you and your loved ones. If you’re like most, you put out cookies and milk for him to enjoy, light up the Christmas tree, then get a good night’s rest, so he can get the job done! These are great steps to take, but it’s also important to ensure your chimney is clean and clear for him to get down easily.

Of course, there are countless other benefits to scheduling that annual sweeping, as well. Learn more below, then give our team at Mason’s Chimney Service a call to get an appointment scheduled. We can fix you up so you’re good to go this Christmas season!

Avoiding Carbon MonoxideSchedule a Cleaning For Santa

One thing a cleaning helps homeowners avoid is dangerous fumes entering their home. Carbon monoxide is one you especially need to be wary of! It has no color or odor, and it is extremely hard to detect. Unfortunately, it doesn’t take long for it to have negative effects on those exposed. Many get very ill and, if not treated in a timely manner, carbon monoxide can be fatal.

Be wary this holiday season to ensure you stay better protected, no matter what. As we said, a cleaning will do wonders in reducing your risk of gas leaks. Our sweeps will clear out any excess debris, so air can travel properly throughout your system. We also suggest investing in carbon monoxide detectors, so that you’re alerted should any dangerous gases be present.

If you or your loved ones start experiencing common symptoms of exposure, exit your home and contact a doctor right away. Symptoms include nausea, dizziness, headaches, weakness, vomiting, chest pain, and similar issues. Don’t take any chances. Trust in us and always play it safe!

Avoiding Creosote Accumulation

Creosote accumulation is another problem that regular sweepings help homeowners avoid. Creosote forms as fires are burned in the fireplace and it takes on various forms. No matter what type of creosote you have, it’s important to have it removed from time to time. Creosote is very flammable and it can easily cause a chimney fire if too much of it is present.

A chimney fire will cause all types of damage to your chimney in a hurry, weakening the structure and triggering various kinds of deterioration. This means a lot of time-consuming and costly repairs will be necessary before using your fireplace again, which could put a big damper on your holiday plans! Avoid the stress and invest in affordable preventative maintenance now. We can help you every step of the way.

We Offer Unparalleled Customer Care

Our sweepings are thorough, and we use advanced tools and technology throughout it all, guaranteeing your home doesn’t get messy in the process. We’re CSIA trained and certified, so you don’t need to worry about a thing when it comes to keeping your chimney in the best shape possible. If you’re ready to work with the best in Cherry Hill and its surrounding areas, give us a call today.

Published by Anastasia Ridgeway and tagged with: Tags: , , , | No Comments

Your Fireplace & Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

If you own a fireplace one of the things you have to be educated on is carbon monoxide. Knowing what this substance is very important! Being educated on how it could potentially harm you and your loved ones is vital in keeping your family safe.

About Carbon Monoxide

This poisonous gas is hard to detect which is one of the reasons why it can be so dangerous. So, because it is colorless, odorless, and impossible to spot with the naked eye, many do not even realize there is carbon monoxide in their home until they start experiencing symptoms!

Any time fuel is burned within the home, carbon monoxide is produced. This is why proper ventilation is so important. Consequently, if excess exposure occurs, people inside the home may experience horrible side effects. These include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, headaches, weakness, and more! Symptoms are often described as being similar to the flu. Further more, without proper treatment, carbon monoxide exposure could lead to hospitalization or even death.

Prevention

One of the most effective ways to prevent carbon monoxide from building up is by scheduling an inspection with a certified sweep. Annual inspections ensure that everything is running smoothly and functioning as safe as possible. Yet, there are other things you can do, as well, to keep your home more protected. Check out these tips!

  • Install A Detector: Installing a carbon monoxide detector in your home will alert you of any toxins present in the vicinity. With these devices, you will be able to catch any fumes before they get worse or start impacting the health of family members. Install detectors throughout your home today, so you can rest easy knowing your loved ones are protected.
  • Use Your Oven Appropriately: Many like to turn their oven on purely for heating purposes. However, this increases the likelihood of carbon monoxide building up. Therefore it is not a safe thing to practice. The only time the oven should be on is when you are using it to cook or bake.
  • Burn Carefully: Certain fuels are more likely to give off carbon monoxide. Charcoal, for example, should never be burned indoors.
  • Schedule Annual Inspections: As stated above, inspections are the key factor in keeping your home free from poisonous toxins. Don’t wait until it is too late. Schedule at least one inspection per year to help guarantee your appliance runs safer and more efficiently.

Contact Us Today!

At Mason’s Chimney Service, our techs are more than qualified to do a full examination of your chimney. In addition, we take care of any venting issues that may be present. We inspect, clean, and sweep. Plus, we also offer various repair services, as well! Whatever you need to make your chimney safer, we can help you out!

Need more convincing? Our staff is certified by the CSIA and the Fireplace Investigation Research. There is no doubt that we take what we do seriously! Annual inspections ensure everything is running smoothly and greatly minimize your risk of house fires, smoke back-up, and exposure to harmful toxins.

Don’t hesitate any longer. Call us now to schedule your inspection!